Following the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games, the Government has made a commitment to invest over £450 million on improving physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools.
They have done this by offering each primary school £8000 plus £5 per pupil to be spent in any way the school thinks best to improve the teaching and learning of PE and School Sport in their individual school. Schools and academies determine how best to spend their allocation.
The academy has engaged in a range of sporting competitions during 2018/19. Notable achievements included:
● KS2 Inter-schools’ Football competition; Y3/4 Dance competition performances; Year 6 inter-schools’ sports; inclusion sport festival
● Lunchtime provision was reviewed and additional equipment purchased to ensure that a range of opportunities was available for children. Play Leader training has ensured that this equipment has been well utilised.
● A total of 18 Sports clubs ran throughout the year covering a range of sports in both KS1 and KS2. Many of these were subsidised in order to ensure access for all.
● Additional PE resources were purchased to ensure that the PE scheme of work can be fully implemented.
● Children gained the Junior Sport Leadership Award and some children gained the Play Maker Award.
● The Sport Leader completed PE Leadership CPD in the form of L5 and L6 qualification.
Please access the link below for the detailed action plan 2019/20